Dd_1_L Dd_1_R Dd_1_R Dd_2_L Dd_2_R Dd_3_L Dd_3_R Dd_4_L Dd_4_R Dd_5_L Dd_5_R Dd_6_R Dd_7_L Dd_7_R Dd_8_L Dd_8_R Dd_9_L Dd_9_R Dd_10_L Dd_10_R Dd_11_L Dd_11_R Dd_12_L Dd_12_R Dd_13_L Dd_13_L Dd_13_R Dd_14_L Dd_14_R Dd_15_L Dd_15_R Dd_16_L Dd_16_R Dd_17_L Dd_17_R [...]
The overall objective of the project is to improve the protection of the Black Sea environment. The project is addressing the overall need for support in protection and restoring the environmental quality and sustainability of the Black Sea.
The following activities will be carried out:
- Project Activity 1: Continue support to the implementation of the countries’ obligation under the Bucharest Convention and other related Conventions and Agreements;
- Project Activity 2: Conducting National Pilot Monitoring Studies (NPMS);
- Project Activity 3: Large scale implementation of training and intercomparison programmes on monitoring methods and quality assurance adhering to the ISO 17025 standard;
- Project Activity 4: Joint Open Sea Surveys (JOSS), Implementation of the Joint Black Sea Survey Methodology along the lines of the MSFD, WFD, BSIMAP;
- Project Activity 5: Upgrade and operate the web based Black Sea Water Quality Database;
- Project Activity 6: Dissemination of knowledge and best practices, public awareness and visibility.
This project will lay the basis for cross-border cooperation in the Lower Danube region for identifying significant land-based sources of pollution, improved monitoring of them, sharing information about them, and developing a strategy for reducing or eliminating their impacts. As the three countries concerned share the Danube River as a single hydrological unit, pollution in one part can quickly impact others, so it is in the interest of all partners to cooperate closely in this project.
In addition, investment will be made in a WWT system for Vylkove in Ukraine, a major tourism destination situated in the northern part of the Danube Delta and a significant source of organic pollution in the river. The project builds on a number of previous Phare and Tacis projects that were undertaken in the region over the last 15 years as part of the wider Danube Basin Pollution Reduction Programme (now incorporated in the Danube River Protection Convention), but which were focused on the individual country concerned.
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq